The History of the Manitoba Camera Club 

The Manitoba Camera Club has been in existence since about 1932 when it was formalized with a written constitution and by-laws.

At the time of its creation, the club shared its photographic enthusiasm with other Canadian camera clubs such as Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Lethbidge, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, University of Manitoba, Y.W.C.A., Hudson’s Bay Company and the T. Eaton Company.

Throughout its history the club has been involved with many international, national and local exhibitions, competitions and exchanges.

Untitled photo

The club celebrated its fiftieth year in 1982 and was celebrated with the design of an official logo by member, Don Berthman, which serves us to this day.

On September 5, 1984, the Manitoba Camera Club officially became the Manitoba Camera Club Inc.

Previous to 1987, the club met in the Young Street United Church located at Broadway and Furby until it was destroyed by fire. Presently, the club meets September through April on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m.  in the Winnipeg Foundation Auditorium in the Lion’s Place complex at 610 Portage Avenue. (Check the program page for more information)

The Manitoba Camera Club has been a big part of Manitoba’s photographic community and continues to offer a varied program which includes guest speakers, in house training, occasional field trips and monthly competitions which are the mainstay of our club.

The purpose of the Manitoba Camera Club is to offer the community a venue for sharing photographic ideas and skills and offer a meeting place of like minded camera and photographic enthusiasts.

Powered by SmugMug Owner Log In