The History of the Manitoba Camera Club - Celebrating 85 years in 2017!!
The Manitoba Camera Club has been in existence since at least 1932 when it was formalized with a written constitution and by-laws. At the time of its creation, the club shared its photographic enthusiasm with other Canadian clubs such as Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Lethbidge, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, University of Manitoba, Y.W.C.A., Hudson’s Bay Camera Club and the T. Eaton Company camera Clubs.
Throughout its history the club has been involved with many international, national and local exhibitions, competitions and exchanges.
The club celebrated its fiftieth year in 1982 and was celebrated with the design of an official logo by member, Don Berthman, which serves us to this day.
On September 5, 1984, the Manitoba Camera Club officially became the Manitoba Camera Club Inc.
Previous to 1987, the club met in the Young Street United Church located at Broadway and Furby until it was destroyed by fire.
Presently, the club meets September through April on Tuesdays at 7:00pm in the Winnipeg Foundation Auditorium in the Lion’s Place complex at 610 Portage Ave. (Check the program page for more information)
The Manitoba Camera Club has been a part of Manitoba’s photographic community for over eighty-five years and continues to offer a varied program which includes guest speakers, in house training, occasional field trips and monthly competitions which are the mainstay of our club.
The purpose of the Manitoba Camera Club is to offer the community a venue for sharing photographic ideas and skills and offer a meeting place of like minded camera and photographic enthusiasts.
CAPA Co-ordinator - Nancy Kerr
Communications: Dave Streeter
Membership Chair: Nancy Tardiff
MCC Rep for Joint Workshop: Mary Lou Milhausen, Debbie Vokey
Summer Field Trips: Debbie Vokey and Wendy Stephenson