MANITOBA CAMERA CLUB UPDATE re: COVID-19 PANDEMIC - March 18, 2020
The MCC executive held a pre-AGM meeting on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and discussed several issues.
1. Current MCC Season: We have made the difficult decision to CANCEL the rest of the Camera Club season through to the end of April 2020, including our Annual General Meeting and the Wind-up Banquet. Of course none of us know how long we will be dealing with COVID-19, but it is our hope that this situation sorts itself out by September 8, so that we can start our new season on time. We will keep our members in the loop.
2. Wind-Up Banquet: The banquet has been CANCELLED to adhere to our government’s current mandate of not holding large gatherings of people.
3. March competition and the April Year-end competition: Both of these are CANCELLED. Keep those “Weather” photos handy or go out and take some new ones because “Weather” will likely be the theme for October 2020.
4. Outgoing 2019/20 Executive: On a personal note, I would like to thank our current executive for all their hard work this past season and wish our new executive nothing but the best in the 2020/21 season.
5. Incoming 2020/21 Executive and board members: Our nomination chairperson, Keith Putt, has come up with a list of candidates for the incoming executive and board members. The new executive will take over as of July 1, 2020. Since we will not be holding an Annual General Meeting, their official ratification will take place at our first meeting of the 2020/21 season.
The new executive is as follows:
a. President: Don Berthman (unopposed)
b. Vice-President: Keith Putt (incumbent)
c. Treasurer: Gerry Legere (unopposed)
d. Secretary: Lynn Bendinger (unopposed)
e. Membership: Craig Burgess (incumbent)
f. Programming: Judy Berthman (unopposed)
g. Competitions: Bert Schaffer (incumbent)
h. Technology: Bob Poole (incumbent)
i. Social: VACANT (if you would like to volunteer for this position please contact Keith Putt)
On behalf of the Executive members we thank all of you for your support this past year and wish you good health in this difficult time. We hope to see you all again next season.
Bob Poole, President
March 14, 2020
Re: COVID-19 Situation
Considering current WRHA recommendations and out of respect for the health of Lion's Place residents and our members, MCC is suspending meetings until April 14, at which time we will re-evaluate the situation.
In fairness to all of our membership, we are cancelling the March competition, "Weather". Our current plan is to continue with the April, Year End competitions and the year-end windup banquet.
If something changes this plan we will let you know as soon as we are aware. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but considering the world situation, we feel this is our best option.
Bob Poole - President
Keith Putt - Vice President
We are a Winnipeg based community dedicated to the Art of Photography and the improvement and advancement of member skills through education and experience. Our Club members range from absolute Beginners and Enthusiasts to Professional and Award winning Photographers.
Take a tour of our website and galleries to see some of the work of our members.
The Manitoba Camera Club is a member of the Canadian Association of Photographic Art (CAPA).
MEMBERSHIP FORM: Click here to download